Here at OvenKing we love a good pizza! We decided to share our favourite recipe for a tasty oven baked pizza – forgo the takeaways for a week and give our recipe a go!
1. Make the dough for the base. Combine 300g strong bread flour with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of instant yeast
2. Create a dip in the middle of the mixture and pour in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 200ml warm water.
3. Stir together gently until it forms a squidgy dough
4. Lightly flour a clean work surface and knead until smooth
5. Set dough aside – if you want a thicker crust then leave to rise for up to an hour
6. In the meantime, make the sauce. Crush a garlic glove and mix with 110ml passata and some basil (fresh or dried) .
7. Roll out your base using a rolling pin. We’d recommend thin dough as it will rise in the oven – remember that the dough will probably double in size when cooked.
8. Spread the sauce on the dough and top with sliced mozzarella, grated cheddar, shaved parmesan, cherry tomatoes and anything else you fancy!
9. Bake in preheated oven ( 240/220 fan/8) – pop on a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes (if thin).
So there you have it- tasty oven baked homemade pizza! Serve with a side salad and some garlic and herb sauce.
Don’t forget- a clean oven makes for healthier and tastier food. Invest in a deep clean now- contact us on 01202705040.
Fancy learning how to deep clean ovens? Check out training information here.