01202 705040 info@ovenking.co.uk

Why do insurance company’s require a TR19 certificate anyway?
Insurance company’s require a TR19 certificate for your extraction system as it provides evidence that your extraction system has been cleaned and de-greased to a suitable and safe level for operation. This decreases the fire risk and show’s your insurance company that the necessary steps have been taken to avoid a fire stemming from your extraction system. It also show’s your due diligence towards fire safety.

When would your insurance company ask for your TR19 Certificate?
In the event of a fire which started in your kitchens extraction system, your insurance company would ask for proof of professional cleaning otherwise you could be held liable for the fire. If you can produce a TR19 certificate after its been cleaned it passes on the fire’s liability and will show you took the necessary precautions to avoid such a situation.

How do you prove you have a TR19?
After having a professional TR19 clean you will always receive a certificate and accompanying report which you can display to insurance company’s. The company which undertook the clean should also have a copy of the report and certificate for them to be able to produce.

Consequences of not having a TR19?
Without TR19 certification, you can be held fully liable in the event of a fire stemming from your extraction system. You could be out of pocket for repairs in maybe even held for negligence or worse manslaughter if someone dies in a fire on your premise due to the lack of TR19 certification and cleaning.

If you would like more information on TR19 certification or you would like a free no obligation quote on your extraction system, Give a member of our team a call now on 01202 70 50 45